Friday, January 20, 2012

Free Standing Tim Holtz Dress Form

After two failed attempts at putting this together I now have a perfect, free standing, Tim Holtz dress form. From failure comes enlightenment as I found out in my struggle with the base.

decorative free standing Tim Holtz dress form
In the past, I was using a paper for my dress form bases only this time the stem and dress form were falling over. I couldn't stop it! In my frustration, I ripped the stem from the base as only I can and it was back to the drawing board.

wire base vs paper - I like the wire
Twisted, curled wire turned out to be my salvation that worked even better than the paper! Add some distress ink, a tiny tag tied with hemp cord and I've got the most divine, little vintage dress form with shabby chic appeal.

2 comments:

  1. Kellie -

    This is adorable! I love how it turned out. Wonderful job.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! It turned out beautifully
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!

Each and every comment adds a bit of cheer to my day. Thank you so much for popping over. I hope to see you again soon.

~Kellie